Terms and Conditions
The company means UK Gravel Limited trading as www.uklandscapingandbuilding.co.uk
Our registered office is:
Grange Road Business Park
Our phone number is 0800 0699101
The customer means any person ordering products from the company. Delivery means delivery by the company or any subcontractor employed by the company directly or indirectly. Prices are inclusive of all charges and VAT. Telephone orders are accepted on the basis you have accepted our terms and conditions.
Supply of Products
Products are sold under the express understanding that:
- Contracts for the supply of goods or services to retail or domestic customers are governed by The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and supplied in compliance with, The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689 2005. Any customers contacting in the course of their business are excluded from consumer protection legislation and are contacting with the company on a business-to-business basis.
- The customer is fully made aware of the conditions of sale for our goods.
- We cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of products shown on this site exactly reproduce the appearance and/or colours of the physical products themselves. Natural products may show some colour variations. All sizes quoted are approximate
- The company requires any complaint to be made in writing by the customer within 14 days of delivery. If the customer is dissatisfied with any product then it must be returned to the company within 21 days after the complaint has been logged. It must be returned in its original packaging. A refund will then be made for the original purchase price less any cost we incur in returning the goods. You are within your rights to return the goods at your own cost. We will advise you of the cost of returning the goods.
- All prices quoted by the company for the sale of any products are all-inclusive and delivered unless otherwise stated.
- Customers are required to pay by credit card/debit card/Pay Pal at the time of ordering.
- All products (however delivered) shall be at the customers risk from the time of collection (if so collected) or from the time of delivery. After such time the company shall be under no liability for loss, damage or deterioration of the product from whatever any cause whatsoever and howsoever arising.
Returns and Refund Policy
The customer can return any purchase in its original condition within 21 days of the date received the item. All shrink-wrap must be intact and the goods in the same condition supplied.
If you wish to return your item you will be charged the return delivery charge only. You will be advised of this cost. You can also return the goods to us yourself at your own cost. This does not affect you rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
Where you are withdrawing from your purchase between 7 and 30 days after delivery and there has been no error on the company’s part, the company will refund only the cost of the item.
The company will not refund the delivery or other add on charges made. Should the customer wish to return the goods at your own cost please contact the company to arrange for return labels.
Any refund paid will be paid back to the same method of payment.
In accordance with the company’s terms and conditions it is important to note that the company’s delivery system requires a hard flat area to receive the company’s product.
If the customer’s in any doubt that the company may not be able to deliver the customer should call the company for advice.
Should the company be unable to deliver due to the point of off-loading not meeting the criteria, return charges will apply.
Terms of Delivery
If the customer wishes to book delivery for more than four working days in advance, the customer must state its desired delivery date in the additional information box at checkout. If no date is entered the delivery will usually take place within 4 working days. A contact telephone number MUST be entered with the delivery details, to enable the delivery company to confirm the delivery date. If a telephone number is not provided the order will remain unprocessed until a time that the company is provided with one.
- All deliveries are made to the nearest flat kerbside.
- Deliveries will be made using a tail-lift and NOT on a hiab crane.
- All deliveries must be paid for prior to delivery, the driver will not accept any money.
- If the customer is away and un-contactable, the courier will attempt to leave the item in a suitable place. The company is NOT responsible for goods left at the customers property after delivery.
- Access MUST be suitable to accommodate a rigid vehicle with tail-lift facility. The customer must ensure that the delivery vehicle can easily access the point of delivery and that this will be on a solid, even surface. The manual pallet trucks used cannot operate on uneven surfaces such as gravel or grass, inclines or declines. If the courier cannot make the delivery for reasons stated above, it will be taken back to the depot and will either be re-delivered on another day or returned to the company. This will incur a re-delivery charge of £40.00 (which is to be paid before the receiving of the goods) or a returns fee. The returns fee is charged at the original delivery cost charged to the company plus the return fee. This will vary depending on the delivery area and so will be charged accordingly.
- Access to the delivery point must be via a road that can accommodate a 18 tonne vehicle.
- Goods must be inspected before signing. Any damages to the product must be highlighted on the delivery note and given back to the driver.
- The company will not accept any liability for damages to property caused during delivery.
- If an agreed delivery is broken (by you the customer) a re-delivery charge of £40.00 will apply. This must be paid to the customer directly before a redelivery is booked.
- The customer is responsible for the disposal of any pallets and bulk bags after use.
- The delivery can be made from 08:00 – 18:00. The company is unable to provide ETAs. The company will make every effort to deliver products on the agreed date, but this can NOT be guaranteed. The hauliers can experience problems on the roads due to unforeseen circumstances which can result in delays.